When a fire or flood impacts a home, they leave a lot of damage behind. Even something as simple as a burst pipe can flood an entire area if the homeowners are away or asleep. Not only can the structure be affected, but the contents of the home as well. Hometown Restoration offers restoration contents cleaning in Pine Valley to help.
What Can Be Restored?
Many people automatically assume that most of their items that have been damaged need to be thrown out. That might be the case depending upon the extent of the disaster or the contamination level. But many things can be salvaged, cleaned, and restored. These include:
- Wood items such as desks and cupboards
- Upholstered furniture
- Glass, plastic, non-porous items (in the case of flooding)
- Linens, drapes, and carpet
- Photos and documents
Flooding brings its own unique challenges. Carpet, padding, and upholstered items may need to be discarded. Floodwater contaminates these items to such a degree that often cannot be salvaged. Hometown Restoration technicians always have the goal of restoration rather than replacement whenever possible.
What Do We Do?
Depending upon whether it is fire, flood, and water damage, the steps vary. All three of these situations involve some basic steps, which include:
- Water extraction (even in fires if hoses are used)
- Structural and content drying
- Emergency mitigation such as boarding up and roof tarping
- Cleaning using the appropriate equipment and cleaning agents
- Sanitizing and disinfecting where needed
- Deodorization if applicable
Your home is important to you, and your belongings are too. We understand that at Hometown Restoration. It is the very reason we offer restoration contents cleaning in Pine Valley. Returning your home to pre-loss condition is our goal, and our crew does their best to achieve that. If you need help with content cleaning from any disaster, call us at (760) 274-8016 today.