The cannabis industry is in full flourish in many areas, but there can be problems with the business that requires grow house facility cleanup in Carlsbad. A marijuana grow house undergoes a lot of wear and tear. There is also the problem of illegal frow houses and the restoration issues that are a result.
Hazardous to Your Health
There are many potential problems with a grow house that can lead to serious health issues. Regular cleaning needs to take place. These risks include such things as:
- Mold growth – the levels pf old in a grow house tend to reach toxic levels very quickly. The increased moisture and humidity required to meet the needs of the plants encourage mold growth. This is a hazardous situation in terms of health.
- Toxic chemical residue – Chemicals are used in marijuana growth, such as fertilizer and pesticides. The residue may end up on surface areas, and spills happen. The vapors can be toxic, and the chemicals can erode surfaces.
- Toxic odors – The smell from the plants and chemicals can induce nausea. Precautions need to be taken to reduce odors.
Other Risks Involved
Not only are the above concerns, but damages to the facility itself can be a problem. Problems we encounter with restoration include:
- Breaches in the foundation
- Structural elements cracked, rotted and damaged
- Floor stains
- Fire risk – electrical rewiring issues and hot grow lamps
Professional Cleanup & Restoration
If you own a grow house facility, you need to make sure it is properly maintained and cleaned. If you have a building that needs to be recovered from being a grow house, you need skilled professionals who are trained to deal with the toxic environment. Both situations call for the correct personal protection equipment (PPE), certified mold training, and experience. Hometown Restoration can provide grow house facility cleanup in Carlsbad. Contact us at (760) 653-5400 for more information.