Marijuana grow houses can leave damage to a building that is both long-lasting and dangerous. It takes a lot of moisture and humidity for the marijuana plants to flourish. The same moisture is what is needed for mold spores to take hold and flourish. The mold can be quite extensive, often found growing on the ceilings, walls, and floors. It can invest the ventilation system causing even more health concerns. Grow house cleanup in Carlsbad is needed to make the house livable.
Fire Hazards & Other Dangers
Grow houses may have electrical concerns. These structures are often re-wired to circumvent expensive electric bills. This increases the chance of fire significantly. Safety issues such as this need professional inspection and mitigation. Ductwork can be modified, structural elements can be damaged, and floors can be discolored.
Grow House Cleanup
To reclaim a grow house and make it safe for entrance, the right cleanup and decontamination are necessary. We have crews that are trained in how to provide the proper mitigation. They have the PPE necessary to clean and restore the grow house safely. The cleaning process can include the following:
- Locating hidden moisture and drying out the areas.
- Mold remediation in the entire building.
- Inspecting electrical systems and making needed repairs.
- Cleaning HVAC systems and providing disinfectant.
- Repair structural damage, such as holes.
- Repairing and replacing water-damaged structural elements such as drywall, floorboards, and insulation.
- Decontaminating the property
- Disinfecting the property.
When dealing with any property used to grow marijuana, decontamination is necessary. That, along with disinfecting the structure, is a detailed and in-depth process. It calls for professionals that are certified in the process and insured. Hometown Restoration has trained staff to provide grow house cleanup in Carlsbad. We understand the techniques and safety needed. Contact us at (760) 653-5400 and let us help restore the building.